What is Colloidal Silver?
Colloidal Silver may be defined as: the suspension of ultra-fine silver particles in a colloidal base. The purer solutions of colloidal silver are known as true colloidal silver solutions and are just comprised of pure water and pure silver. In true colloidal silver, a major proportion of the silver content obtains in the form of silver particles. True colloids will typically contain between 50 to 80 percent particles. As silver particles are larger than those found in standard water solutions, true silver colloids should not be clear like water. This is because the larger particles in true silver colloids block light from passing through the solution, making it appear darker. Due to the high cost of production, true colloidal silver products are the least prevalent type of Colloidal Silver on the market.
History of Silver and Colloidal Silver
Silver has been used medicinally as far back as 4000 B.C. Eastern Persian records specifically mention the practice of placing water in silver vessels; the ancient Babylonian and Greek civilizations were also recorded silver’s anti-biotic properties. Furthemore, before the rapid inflation in the use of antibiotics, silver compounds were used to prevent infection in World War I.
In the 1880’s the process of using silver in medicine was refined when Colloidal Silver was first created. It was found that its smaller silver particles provided a far safer and more effective alternative to the primitive silver medicines previously used.
Traditionally, silver has been used topically to treat wounds and skin infections. It was also used internally to treat a variety of ailments, including respiratory infections, eye infections and sexually transmitted diseases.
In modern medicine, silver is still used topically to treat wounds and skin infections. It is also used in a variety of medical devices, such as catheters and wound dressings to help prevent infections.
- Sediment filter: This removes particles such as dirt, sand, and rust from the water.
- Carbon filter: This removes chlorine, chloramine, and other chemicals from the water.
- RO membrane: This is the heart of the system and removes a wide range of contaminants, including bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, and pharmaceuticals.
- DI filter: This removes dissolved minerals and ions from the water, producing highly purified water with a TDS level of 0ppm.
By passing water through these various filters, an RO DI system can produce highly purified water with a TDS level of 0 ppm. This water is often used in laboratory and industrial settings where extremely pure water is required.
99.9% pure silver, also known as fine silver, is a high purity form of silver that is used in a variety of applications. It is characterized by its high level of purity, which is 99.9% or greater.
Fine silver is a soft, ductile metal that is highly conductive and has a bright, white color. It is often used in the production of jewelry, silverware, and other decorative items. It is also used in the production of electronic components and in the medical field as a wound dressing.
Fine silver is typically produced through the refining of silver ore, which involves a series of chemical processes to remove impurities and produce a high purity metal. It is often alloyed with other metals, such as copper, to increase its strength and durability.
The purity of fine silver is typically measured in parts per thousand (ppt). A purity of 999 ppt indicates that the silver is 99.9% pure, while a purity of 9999 ppt indicates that the silver is 99.99% pure. Fine silver with a purity of 999 ppt is commonly used in the production of silver coins and bullion.
There are many skin conditions that can be caused or exacerbated by bacterial infections. Some examples include:
- Impetigo: A contagious skin infection that is characterised by red sores that can break open and crust over. It is most commonly seen in children.
- Folliculitis: An infection of the hair follicles that can cause red bumps and pus-filled lesions on the skin.
- Cellulitis: A deep skin infection that can cause redness, swelling, and warmth in the affected area. It can be serious if not treated promptly.
- Boils: A bacterial infection of a hair follicle that causes a painful, pus-filled lesion to form on the skin.
- Abscess: A collection of pus that is surrounded by inflamed tissue. Abscesses can occur anywhere on the body and can be caused by a bacterial infection.
- Acne: A common skin condition that is caused by the buildup of oil and bacteria in the pores.
There are many skin conditions that can be caused or exacerbated by fungal infections. Some examples include:
- Athlete’s foot: A fungal infection that affects the feet and is characterised by itching, redness, and scaling.
- Jock itch: A fungal infection that affects the skin of the groin area and ischaracterised by itching, redness, and a rash.
- Ringworm: A fungal infection that affects the skin, scalp, or nails and is characterised by a circular rash with raised edges.
- Candidiasis: A fungal infection that can affect the skin, mouth, or genital area and is characterised by itching, redness, and discharge.
- Tinea versicolor: A fungal infection that affects the skin and is characterised by light or dark patches on the skin.
- Onychomycosis: A fungal infection of the nails that can cause the nails to become thick, discoloured and brittle.
There are many bacterial infections that can affect dogs. Some examples i
- Dermatitis: This is an inflammation of the skin that can be caused by a bacterial infection. It is characterised by redness, itching, and the presence of pustules or scabs on the skin.
- Otitis: This is an infection of the ear that can be caused by bacteria. It is characterised by ear pain, swelling, and discharge.
- Urinary tract infection: This is an infection of the bladder or urinary tract that can be caused by bacteria. It is characterised by frequent urination, discomfort while urinating, and blood in the urine.
- Respiratory infection: This is an infection of the respiratory system, such as pneumonia, that can be caused by bacteria. It is characterised by coughing, difficulty breathing, and discharge from the nose or eyes.
- Gastroenteritis: This is an infection of the digestive system that can be caused by bacteria. It is characterised by diarrhoea, vomiting, and abdominal pain.
- Septicaemia: This is a serious infection of the bloodstream that can be caused by bacteria. It is characterised by fever, weakness and rapid breathing.
There are several fungal infections that can affect dogs. Some examples include:
- Dermatophytosis: This is a fungal infection of the skin, hair, or nails that is caused by dermatophytes. It is characterised by hair loss, scaling, and crusting of the skin.
- Ringworm: This is a fungal infection of the skin that is characterised by a circular rash with raised edges. It is highly contagious and can be transmitted to humans.
- Aspergillosis: This is a fungal infection of the respiratory system that can cause coughing, difficulty breathing, and nasal discharge.
- Candidiasis: This is a fungal infection of the skin, mouth, or genital area that is characterised by itching, redness, and discharge.
- Blastomycosis: This is a fungal infection that can affect the respiratory system, skin, or other organs. It is characterised by fever, cough, and weight loss.
At the turn of the century scientists discovered that the body’s most important fluids are colloidal in nature; i.e. suspended ultra-fine particles. Blood, for example, carries nutrition and oxygen to the body’s cells in this form. Prior to 1938 colloidal silver was used by physicians as a mainstream antibiotic treatment and was considered to be “high-tech”. Production methods, however, were costly. As a result, during the emergence of the pharmaceutical industry, colloidal silver research was set aside in favour of faster working but potentially toxic and dangerous drugs.
The Food and Drug Administration today classifies colloidal silver as a pre-1938 drug. As such, these products may continue to be marketed as long as they are advertised and labeled for the same use as in 1938, and as long as they are manufactured as before. The best known pre-1938 method currently utilised is the elctro-colloidal process. Through the electro-colloidal process electrolysis reduces the silver to its smallest possible particle, achieved by the silver losing an electron. This smaller particle allows for safer and more frequent consumption of colloidal silver, thereby trumping the silver rich predecessor that could lead to cases of Argyria if consumed too frequently.
While studying regeneration of limbs and spinal cords in the late 1970s, Robert Becker, M.D., author of ‘The Body Electric’ discovered that silver ions promote bone growth and kill surrounding bacteria. The March 1978 issue of Science Digest in an article, “Our Mightiest Germ Fighter,” reported: “Thanks to eye-opening research, silver is emerging as a wonder of modern medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps a half-dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic.” The article ended with a quote by Dr. Harry Margraf, a biochemist and pioneering silver researcher who worked with the late Carl Moyer, M.D., chairman of Washington University’s Department of Surgery in the 197Os: “Silver is the best all-around germ fighter we have.”
Historical Uses of Colloidal Silver:
Dr R Becker found that low silver levels lead to frequent illness. He concluded that silver is a critical factor in the strengthening of the immune system and destruction of bacteria and virus’. He notes – “What we have done was rediscover the fact that silver kills bacteria, a fact which had actually been known for centuries. All of the organisms we tested were sensitive to the electrically generated silver ion including some that were resistant to all known antibiotics. In no case were any undesirable side effects of the silver treatment apparent.”
It was found that it is impossible for single-celled germs to mutate into silver-resistant forms, as happens with conventional antibiotics. Therefore no tolerance to colloidal silver ever develops. Moreover, colloidal silver does not interfere with other medicines that may be being taken. Inside the body, silver forms no toxic compounds nor reacts with anything other than a pathogens oxygen-metabolising enzyme.
Why should you consider buying from us?
At Nature’s Greatest Secret we are committed to offering the finest quality Colloidal Silver products with the greatest choice and value anywhere. We use medical grade equipment in our production process, which ensures a well regulated and consistent ionic and colloidal solution.
We have the widest range of formulations including: 10ppm solutions, 20ppm solutions, Amber solutions, Pet solutions, Soothing Gels, Shampoos, Deodorants, Creams etc.
The videos on this page do not necessarily represent the views of Nature’s Greatest Secret. Please do your own research. There are over 100 independent studies on Silver and its health uses.